Government Shutdown Information|
Posted 9/30/2013 Updated 10/1/2013
354th Fighter Wing Public Affairs
9/30/2013 - EIELSON AIR FORCE BASE, Alaska -- Team Eielson,
As we prepare for the possibility of a government shutdown that will start Oct. 1, here are some key details.
All military members and civilians will be required to report to work Oct. 1 at their regularly scheduled time. If the shutdown does occur, non-exempted civilian employees will be given their Notice of Decision to Furlough letter at that time, and will be required to go immediately into a furlough status.
Military members will continue to perform their mission.
Services on base will be affected, and here is a list of what will be open, closed, or offer limited services:
- Child Development Centers - Monday - Friday, 6:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- The Exchange (i.e., AAFES) facilities
- Eielson City Center
- Dining Facility
- Airman and Family Readiness Center
- Military Personnel Section (MPS)
- NAF Human Resources Office
- School Age Programs
Services LIMITED or CLOSED
- Base Library - Closed
- The Commissary will be open on Oct. 1, but closed as Oct. 2 until the shutdown ends
- Education Center - Closed
- Family Child Care - Closed
- Fitness Center - Limited hours, see FSS hours of operation list
- Outdoor Recreation - Closed
- Youth Center - Closed
- Yukon Club - Limited hours, see FSS hours of operation list
To see complete list of FSS Hours of Operation affected by the shutdown click here.