Chief Master Sergeant Joshua A. Hurt is the Command Chief for the 354th Fighter Wing, Eielson AFB, Alaska. He serves as the principle advisor to the Wing Commander on all matters and concerns for 6,000 active duty Airmen, civilian personnel and family members. Additionally, he is the primary Enlisted Advisor on matters of force utilization, readiness, morale, welfare, and quality of life. He ensures the Wing’s Airmen expertly prepare U.S. and Allied aviation forces for combat while ensuring all are ready to deploy in support of global operations and prepared to enable the staging of forces to promote U.S. interests in the Indo-Pacific region.
Chief Hurt grew up in North Highlands, Calif. He entered the Air Force in June 1995. Following Basic and Technical Training, he served as an Egress System Technician and Field Training Instructor at multiple bases. In addition to performing duties as an Egress Technician, he has filled several roles to include; Section Chief, Flight Chief, Lead Production Superintendent, Air Force Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy Instructor and Squadron Superintendent. Chief Hurt has deployed multiple times in support of Operations SOUTHERN WATCH, ALLIED FORCE and ENDURING FREEDOM.
2001 Airman Leadership School, Luke AFB, Ariz.
2003 Associate in Applied Science degree in Maintenance Technology, CCAF
2004 Air Force Basic Instructor course and Field Training Instructor Internship
2005 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2007Associate in Applied Science degree in Instructor of Technology, CCAF
2011Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB Gunter Annex, Ala.
2012 Enlisted Professional Military Education Instructor Course, Maxwell AFB Gunter Annex, Ala.
2012 Bachelor of Science degree in Occupational Education, Wayland Baptist University,Fairbanks, Alaska
2012 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education I Correspondence Course
2013 Air Force Professional Manager’s Certificate
2015 Chief Master Sergeant Orientation Course, Randolph AFB, Texas
2017 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Andrews AFB, Washington D.C.
2018 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II Correspondence Course
2018 Next Jump Leadership Academy, New York City, New York
2018 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. Oct 1995 - Dec 1997, Egress Systems Technician, 56th Component Maintenance Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
2. Dec 1997 - Dec 1998, Egress Systems Technician, 8th Maintenance Squadron, Kunsan AFB, South Korea
3. Dec 1998 - Dec 2003, Egress Systems Technician, 56thComponent Maintenance Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
4. Dec 2003 - Jun 2008, Field Training Egress Instructor & Production Supervisor, 372nd Training Squadron, Detachment 13, Nellis AFB, Nev.
5. Jun 2008 - Apr 2009, Egress Systems Section Chief, 354th Maintenance Squadron, Eielson AFB, Alaska
6. Apr 2009 – Jun 2012, Lead Production Superintendent,Accessories Flight Chief, and Maintenance Superintendent, 354th Maintenance Squadron, Eielson AFB, Alaska
7. Jul 2012 - Mar 2015, Instructor/Squad Leader, USAF Senior NoncommissionedOfficerAcademy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
8. Apr 2015 - Apr 2016, Squadron Superintendent, 8th Maintenance Squadron, Kunsan AFB, South Korea
9. May 2016 - Apr 2017, Squadron Superintendent, 355thComponent Maintenance Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
10. Apr 2017 - May 2018 , Group Superintendent, 355th Maintenance Group, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
11. Jun 2018 – Present, Command Chief, 354th Fighter Wing, Eielson AFB, Alaska
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
2001 Distinguished Graduate & Academic Achievement Award, Airman Leadership School
2005 Distinguished Graduate, Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2009 Lieutenant General Leo Marquez award recipient, 354th Maintenance Group
2009 Maintenance Professional of the Year, 354th Maintenance Group
2011 Distinguished Graduate, Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2011 Senior NoncommissionedOfficer of the Year, 354th Maintenance Group
2013 Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant 1 October 2015
(Current as of Jun 18)