Col. Lawrence G. Evert is the Commander of the 354th Operations Group, 354th Fighter Wing, Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska. He is responsible for maintaining an 18 million square foot airfield in the American arctic, directing the execution of Exercise RED FLAG-Alaska, leading the Pacific Air Forces’ F-16 Aggressor enterprise in support of joint and coalition aerial warfare training, and providing combat ready F-35 forces to Combatant Commanders in support of worldwide contingency operations.
Col. Evert is a 1999 graduate of the Reserve Officer Training Corps at Kent State University. He has performed duties as an A-10 and F-35 instructor pilot and weapons officer, and flew combat sorties in Operations SOUTHERN WATCH and ENDURING FREEDOM. Col. Evert has served in a variety of positions including an assignment as a Battalion Air Liaison Officer and Joint Terminal Attack Controller with the 101st Airborne Division during Operation IRAQI FREEDOM. He completed a staff tour at the 607th Air Operations Center in the Republic of Korea as the Chief of the Master Air Attack Plan Team, and a joint staff assignment as the Action Officer at the Air Land and Sea Application Center. Prior to his current position, he was the Chief for Air Combat Command’s Flight Operations Division, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia.
Col. Evert is a command pilot with more than 3,200 total flying hours, including 1,150 combat hours.
1999 Bachelor of Science, Aerospace Flight Technology, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio
1999 Aerospace Basic, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2007 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2008 United States Air Force Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2012 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Master of Military Operational Art and Science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1. November 1999 – May 2001, Undergraduate Pilot Training, 87th Training Squadron, Laughlin Air Force Base, Texas
2. December 2001 – December 2003, A-10 Pilot, Weapons Tracking Officer, Battalion Air Liaison Officer, Assistant Training Officer, 75th Fighter Squadron, Pope AFB, N.C.
3. January 2004 – September 2006, A-10A Pilot, Unit Deployment Manager, 355th Fighter Squadron, Eielson AFB, Alaska.
4. September 2006 – December 2007, A/OA-10A/C Formal Training Unit Instructor Pilot, 358th Fighter Squadron; Director of Briefing Room Interactive Program, 355th Training Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
5. January 2008 – June 2008, Student, 66th Weapons Squadron, United States Air Force Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
6. June 2008 – Sept 2009, Director of Weapons and Tactics, 357th Fighter Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
7. October 2009 – June 2010, Weapons and Tactics Flight Commander, 355th Operations Support Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
8. June 2010 – June 2011, Chief, Master Air Attack Plan Team, 607th Air Operations Center, Osan Air Base, Korea
9. July 2011 – August 2012, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
10. October 2012 – August 2013, Assistant Director of Operations, 74th Fighter Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
11. August 2013 – May 2014, Director of Operations, 74th Fighter Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
12. May 2014 – May 2016, Commander, 548th Combat Training Squadron, Fort Polk, La.
13. May 2016 – May 2018, Action Officer, Joint Air Land Sea Application Center, Langley AFB, Va.
14. June 2018 – July 2020, F-35A Instructor Pilot, Deputy Commandant, USAF Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
15. August 2020 – May 2021, Chief, Flight Operations Division, Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
16. May 2021 – Present, Commander, 354th Operations Group, Eielson AFB, Alaska.
Rating: command pilot
Flight hours: more than 3,200, including 1,150 combat hours
Aircraft flown: A-10 and F-35A
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with fifteen oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Combat Action Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with three devices
Iraq Campaign Medal with one device
Korea Defense Service Medal
North Atlantic Treaty Organization Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 13, 1999
First Lieutenant June 13, 2001
Captain June 13, 2003
Major April 1, 2009
Lieutenant Colonel September 1, 2014
Colonel September 1, 2020
(Current as of June 2021)