Chief Master Sergeant Sean M. Milligan is the Command Chief for the 354th Fighter Wing, Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska. He serves as the principal advisor to the Wing Commander on all matters and concerns for 2,900 active duty Airmen, civilian personnel and family members. Additionally, he is the primary Enlisted Advisor on matters of force utilization, readiness, morale, welfare, and quality of life. He ensures the Wing’s Airmen expertly prepare U.S. and Allied aviation forces for combat while ensuring all are ready to deploy in support of global operations and prepared to enable the staging of forces to promote U.S. interests in the Indo-Pacific region.
Chief Milligan entered the Air Force in January 1997. He graduated from Heavy Aircraft Electronic Countermeasures course at Sheppard Air Force Base in October 1997. Throughout his career he has maintained B-1, B-2, and B-52 bombers, MC-130Ps, MC-130Js, and CV-22s under three separate major commands. Chief Milligan filled a myriad of roles for the Combat Air Force, Developmental Flight Test, Special Operations, and Officer accessions. Additionally, he has deployed in support of Operation IRAQI FREEDOM, U.S. Africa Command, and Operation INHERENT RESOLVE.
Prior to this assignment, Chief Milligan served as the Command Chief Master Sergeant of the 332nd Air Expeditionary Wing.
2000 Airman Leadership School, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
2005 Noncommissioned Officer Professional Enhancement Seminar, Edwards AFB, Calif.
2005 Associate of Applied Science degree in Electronic Principles, Community College of the Air Force
2007 USAF Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
2009 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy Correspondence Course
2009 Bachelor of Science degree in Technical Management, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona, Fla.
2011 Masters of Science degree in Operations Management, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
2014 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2015 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Level II Correspondence Course
2016 Joint Special Operations Forces Senior Enlisted Academy, Joint Special Operations University, Tampa, Fla.
2017 U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy Distance Learning Course, Fort Bliss, Texas
2017 Joint and Combined Warfighting School, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2017 Chiefs Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2018 Air Force Senior Staff Course, 505th Command & Control Wing, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2019 Air Force Senior Leader Legal Orientation Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2020 Continuous Process Improvement for Executives, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hills
1. January 1997 – March 1997, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. March 1997 – October 1997, Student, Technical Training School, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. October 1997 – October 2002, Defensive Avionics Systems Journeyman, 37th Bomb Squadron, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
4. October 2002 – March 2007, Defensive Avionics Systems Craftsman, 412th Test Squadron, Edwards AFB, Calif.
5. March 2007 – November 2007, Electronic Warfare Shift Lead, 1st Special Operations Maintenance Squadron (SOMXS), Eglin AFB, Fla.
6. November 2007 – March 2008, MC-130P Flightline Expediter, (Data masked)
7. March 2008 – September 2009, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge, Maintenance Operations Center, 1st SOMXS, Eglin AFB, Fla.
8. September 2009 – January 2011, MC-130P Avionics Section Chief, 1st SOMXS, Eglin AFB, Fla.
9. January 2011 – August 2013, MC-130P Aircraft Production Super, 1st SOMXS, Eglin AFB, Fla.
10. August 2013 – March 2014, MC-130J Aircraft Production Super, 352d SOMXS, Royal Air Force Mildenhall, England
11. March 2014 – February 2015, Superintendent, Aircraft Support Flight, 352d SOMXS, RAF Mildenhall, England
12. February 2015 – February 2016, Senior Enlisted Leader, Wing Staff, 352d Special Operations Wing, RAF Mildenhall, England
13. February 2016 – June 2017, Superintendent, CV-22 Aircraft Maintenance Unit, 352d SOMXS, RAF Mildenhall, England
14. July 2017 – May 2019, Superintendent, MC-130J Aircraft Maintenance Unit, 27th Special Operations Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Cannon AFB, N.M.
15. Aug 2018 – Jan 2019, Senior Enlisted Leader, 27th Expeditionary Special Operations Wing/JSOAC-Africa, Stuttgart, Germany
16. May 2019 – July 2021, Chief, Dean of Faculty, United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
17. July 2021 – June 2022, Command Chief, 332nd Air Expeditionary Wing, Undisclosed Location
18. July 2022 – Present, Command Chief, 354th Fighter Wing, Eielson AFB, Alaska
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor, one silver and two bronze oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
2012 1st Special Operations Maintenance Squadron’s SNCO Maintenance Professional of the Year
2012 1st Special Operations Maintenance Squadron’s Lance P. Sijan Award Nominee
2015 352nd Special Operations Wing Staff’s Lance P. Sijan Award Nominee
2016 352nd Special Operations Maintenance Group Lance P. Sijan Award Nominee
2016 Distinguished Graduate, Joint Special Operations Forces Senior Enlisted Academy
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant November 2017
(Current as of August 2022)