Colonel Jerrymar J. Copeland Jr. is the Commander, 354th Maintenance Group, 354th Fighter Wing, Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska. He is responsible for over 1,500 officer, enlisted and civilian members comprising 45 Air Force specialty codes and oversees maintenance of 54 F-35A aircraft, 21 F-16C Aggressor aircraft, and the associated equipment, all valued at over $4.2 billion dollars. Additionally, he is responsible for supporting deployments and contingency operation in multiple areas of operation across the globe.
Colonel Copeland graduated from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University and commissioned in 2000 through the United States Air Force Officer Training School (OTS, Maxwell AFB, AL). He is a career maintainer and logistician with experience on C-5, C-17, KC-10, C-130, KC-135 and F-22 aircraft. In 2012 he was selected to attend Army Command and General Staff College, Ft Leavenworth, KS and is a two time graduated squadron commander. Colonel Copeland is married to the former Susan L. Freeman.
1995 Associates Aeronautical Science - Aircraft Sys. Maintenance Tech, Community College of the Air Force
1995 Bachelor of Science – Professional Aeronautics, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
2001 Aero Space Basic Course (In-residence)
2004 Squadron Officers School (In-residence)
2007 Masters of Aeronautical Science – Aviation Aerospace Management, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
2011 Air Command and Staff College (Correspondence)
2013 Army Command and General Staff College (In-residence)
2016 USAF Air War College (Correspondence)
1. August 2000 – August 2003, Maintenance Flight Deputy Commander and Fabrication Flight Commander, Executive Officer, 437 Maintenance Group, Charleston AFB, SC.
2. August 2003 – June 2006, Support Flight Commander and Assistant Maintenance Operations Officer, 60 Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Maintenance Operations Officer and Red Flight Commander, 660 Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Travis AFB, CA.
3. June 2006 – July 2010, Deputy Chief Logistics Readiness Division and AMC Intern, Tanker Airlift Control Center, Chief, KC-135 Weapon System Manager, Executive Officer AMC/A4, and Chief Logistics Readiness Division, 618 AOC, Scott AFB, IL.
4. July 2010 – June 2012, Maintenance Operations Officer and Director of Operations, 732 Air Mobility Squadron, Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson, AK.
5. June 2012 – July 2013, Student, Army Command and General Staff College, Ft Leavenworth, KS.
6. July 2013 – July 2016, Commander, 15th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, HI.
7. July 2016 – July 2018, Commander, 730th Air Mobility Squadron, Yokota Air Base, Japan.
8. July 2018 – July 2022, Deputy Commander, 22nd Maintenance Group, McConnell AFB, KS.
9. July 2022 – Present, Commander, 354th Maintenance Group, Eielson AFB, AK.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal
Joint Service Commendation Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Second Lieutenant August 18, 2000
First Lieutenant August 18, 2002
Captain August 18, 2004
Major July 1, 2010
Lt Col November 1, 2015
Colonel October 1, 2021