HomeAbout UsSpouses


What are the requirements to become an Alaska citizen/be eligible for the Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend (PFD)?

Visit https://pfd.alaska.gov/Eligibility/Military-Eligibility for a list of requirements specific to military members and their families.

Does Eielson provide loaner furniture/dishes to recently PCS’d members?

The Military Housing Office provides 90-day loaner furnishings and appliances (washer and dryer only) to eligible military personnel who are entitled to a full joint travel regulation weight allowance while their household goods are in transit, awaiting arrival on station, and during delivery of their personally owned household goods.

The Airman and Family Readiness Center will loan small household items such as dishes, pots, pans, etc. to recently PCS’d members. Give them a call at 907-377-2242.

How early should we submit an application to live in base housing?

Contact the Military Housing Office at 907-377-1840 as soon as you know you are moving to Eielson. The government housing team will provide you the latest information about privatized housing and details about the application process. You can visit https://www.housing.af.mil/Home/Units/Eielson for more information and to complete an application in advance through the Housing Early Assistance Tool (HEAT). The Military Housing Office will also update you on any base-specific policies regarding residing in privatized housing.

What if we don’t want to live in base housing?

Living in base housing is not required at Eielson. The Military Housing Office provides all service members and Department of Defense personnel with personalized service to assist in locating suitable housing in the local community. You can visit the official Department of Defense sponsored housing referral site at https://www.homes.mil to learn more about rental housing availability in the local area.

Is reporting to the Military Housing Office upon arrival mandatory?

Yes. Be sure to report to the Military Housing Office (inside the Corvias Community Center at 663 Kodiak Street) within two duty days of arriving on station.

What is the wait list for base housing?

You can contact Corvias Property Management at 907-302-2170 to speak with a leasing agent. You can also visit https://www.corviasmilitaryhousing.com. Once there, click on “Communities,” then “Air Force,” then “Eielson AFB.” Enter the installation, your sponsor’s rank band, and number of dependents to view anticipated wait times.

What is the name of the school district?

Eielson falls within the Fairbanks North Star Borough School District. For more information, visit https://www.k12northstar.org.

Is Kindergarten full day or half day?

Kindergarten is full day. For more information, visit https://www.k12northstar.org/kindergarten.

Does my high school student need to take Alaska State history if they are not graduating in Alaska?

No, Alaska Studies (AK State History) for is not necessary for a students who are not graduating from high school in Alaska.

What are the homeschooling options?

Families can homeschool on their own or go through one of several homeschooling schools in the local area.

What sports opportunities are available for children?

Sports and clubs in Fairbanks North Star Borough School District schools vary due to interest and budget. Current offering include football, flag football, football cheer, cross country running, cross country skiing, volleyball, wrestling, basketball, basketball cheer, track and field, baseball, softball, soccer, hockey, Nordic ski, tennis, swim and dive, and rifle. You can visit school-specific sites at https://www.k12northstar.org/Page/112 to see what each school offers.

What are the continuing education options available at Eielson?

The University of Alaska Fairbanks, Wayland University, and Thomas Edison University are all represented at the Eielson Education Center. For more information on continuing education opportunities available to military spouses, visit https://mycaa.militaryonesource.mil/mycaa.

What religious services are offered at the Eielson Chapel?

All services listed take place at the Eielson Chapel unless otherwise stated.

Catholic Services:
Mass: Sunday at 10:30 a.m.
Daily Mass: Tuesday-Friday at 11:30 a.m.
Religious Education: Sunday at 9:15 a.m.

Protestant Services:
Worship: Sunday at 9 a.m.
AWANA: Wednesday at 5:30 p.m.
Youth: Sunday at 6 p.m.
Women’s Ministry: Wednesday at 10 a.m. at the Eielson Community Center or 7 p.m. at the Eielson Chapel.

The Eielson Chapel hosts Alcoholics Anonymous meetings and the Financial Peace University by Dave Ramsey. Sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation, and Marriage are also provided. Call the Eielson Chapel at 907-377-2130 for more information.

What music opportunities are available on base?

Music programs for children in Fairbanks North Star Borough School District schools vary due to student interest and budget. Current offerings include concert band, jazz band, symphonic band, concert orchestra, chamber orchestra, pep band, concert choir, mixed choir, treble choir, show choir, and musical theatre. You can visit school-specific websites at https://www.k12northstar.org/Page/112 to see what each school offers.

The Eielson Chapel’s Catholic and Protestant services are always looking for volunteers to be part of the choir. Choir practice is held on Saturday at 11 a.m. Call the Eielson Chapel at 907-377-2130 for more information.