Eielson placed in HPCON Bravo amid COVID-19 pandemic
By Senior Airman Beaux Hebert, 354th Fighter Wing Public Affairs
/ Published March 18, 2020
EIELSON AIR FORCE BASE, Alaska --
Eielson Air Force Base has been placed in Health Protection Condition Bravo effective March 17 at 7:45 p.m.
Health Protection Condition Bravo restricts movement of personnel on the installation as necessary, and implements quarantine or isolation procedures for affected individuals.
“Our team is taking necessary steps and precautions to ensure the health and safety of our Eielson community, as well as safeguard our mission capabilities,” said Col. Benjamin Bishop, the 354th Fighter Wing commander. “We need everyone to stay informed of health protocols and continue to take care of each other while navigating challenges posed by the ongoing pandemic.”
Airmen assigned to Eielson AFB to the following prevention measures already in place:
- Consistent handwashing (at a minimum when arriving and leaving work and home, after using the bathroom and before eating)
- Consistent cleaning of regularly touched surfaces (doorknobs, railings, and desk/work area when arriving and leaving)
- Avoidance of face touching
- No handshakes or hugging
- Social distancing: a minimum of 6 feet between individuals
- No gatherings of 50 people or more
- Minimize gatherings in excess of 10 people
- Self-Quarantine if you have traveled outside the state of Alaska in the last 14 days (coordinate with chain of command). As a reminder, do not exit your living quarters while in quarantine
- If you are experiencing any cold or cough symptoms stay home, contact your chain of command, and feel free to contact the Medical Group at 907 377-1847
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms (fever, shortness of breath, or cough) AND have travelled outside the state of Alaska within 14 days, proceed directly to the Medical Group front entrance.
For the latest information on COVID-19, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus, and the Department of Defense Coronavirus website at www.defense.gov/explore/spotlight/coronavirus. Local 354th Fighter Wing guidance is available at www.eielson.af.mil/coronavirus.